Save pet lives – attend PIF's Pet First Aid Sessions!
Sunday 17 January 2016
Hadlow College Animal Management Unit, Hadlow, Kent
The Animal Management unit is located just up the main road from the main Hadlow campus, the address for this is:
Faulkner’s Farm, Ashes Lane, Hadlow, TN11 0AN
Timings : The unit will be open for tea/coffee at 9.30am, and the course will begin a 10.00am - so please arrive with plenty of time to spare.
The course will finish at around 4.00pm.
This full day course is perfect for anyone who comes into contact with animals during the course of their working lives, helping to give them confidence to deal with emergencies that might occur.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- - Recognise signs of normal and abnormal health
- - Understand how to administer First Aid
- - Understand the basic principles, roles and limitations of First Aid
- Understand how to handle and restrain an injured animal and assess injuries
- - Understand resuscitation technique – with CasPeR the resuscitation dog (experience life-like resuscitation)
- - Get to grips first aid kits
- - Understand wound management and bandaging
The course costs £45 to attend (PIF/BDGA member rate) or £60 (non-PIF/BDGA members) and includes lunch, refreshments and a PIF/BDGA branded certificate.